- This event has passed.
TRACK C – Leadership
What’s Your Problem? Discovering the “Real Reason” Behind Common Shop Issues
Presented by: Chris Scully, DRIVE
Let’s face it – we all have problems. Whether big or small, one-time or recurrent, chances are if you dig deep enough, you can discover the root of your problems. This is the first step to effectively resolving issues in your business. You need to be able to distinguish the difference between excuses or justifications, and what the problem really is. In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to identify a problem and not be tricked by “symptoms”
- Differences between a problem, excuses, justifications, and rationalizations
- Investigative techniques that help you uncover the “real reason”
- One key indicator that tells you whether or not you really know the “real reason” behind a problem
Creating the Ideal Technician
Presented by: Kyle Holt , S/P2
The #1 crisis facing the automotive industry is the technician shortage. The only sustainable competitive advantage is to grow your own technicians. Learn how to recruit the next generation of technicians, as well as how implement a mentoring program to grow your own techs. Let your competitors complain that they can’t find technicians while you propel your business forward. Recruit and grow the technicians you need, and never worry about the technician shortage again!
The Busy Shop Owner’s Tool Box
Presented by: Karla Vice, DRIVE
There is so much to do and too little time! If you’re feeling overloaded and weighed down by “the little things,” it’s hard to remain productive. Similar to repairing a vehicle, it is important to take a step back and assess your workload. In this workshop, we will break down the steps you need to take to repair that feeling of overwhelm, such as:
- Complete a thorough inspection – what’s happening and why?
- Review your findings – find why and what steps do you need to take to determine the resolution such as decluttering, delegating and prioritizing?
- How to fix it
- Preventative Maintenance
You’re the Boss … But are you a Leader?
Presented by: Jim Anderson, Anderson Automotive
Just because you own the place, it doesn’t mean you’ve successfully assumed the role of leadership in your shop. Becoming the leader in your business is critical to ongoing growth and expansion. As John Quincy Adams eloquently stated, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” In this workshop, we will explore the key steps you need to have in place in order to be an effective and respected leader, such as:
- What it means to become a leader and how this is different than just being the boss
- How to be a valued decision-maker and earn the respect of your team, vendors and customers
- Key steps that should be in place for productive leadership